1. 1. Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. 's Approach to Personal Information Protection
As a global supplier that can provide large-sized products, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. handles a variety of information: including our own technical information, and information entrusted to us by customers. Given this situation, and to ensure that such information is treated with the respect it deserves, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. has established an information control system and is implementing it thoroughly.
Considering these issues, together with the specification of rules and establishment of a management system, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. has fixed the personal information protection policy given below, and informed executive staff and workers, and is striving to protect personal information appropriately by following this policy.
2. Definition of Personal Information
For Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd., personal information is the information that is related to existing persons and that can be used to identify specific persons (for example, names, birth dates, numbers assigned to individuals, symbols or other marks, images, or voice recordings, and relevant information).
This includes information that cannot be used to identify individuals by itself, but can be used to identify individuals by easy cross-referencing with other data. Personal information is not limited just to information that can identify individuals, but also includes all information that indicates facts, decisions, or evaluations relating to a person's attributes (such as a person's height or build, finances, work type, or position).
Based on the Personal Information Protection Policy given below, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. will pay detailed attention to, and expend the utmost efforts on, protecting and managing such information.
This "About Personal Information Protection" document establishes the handling of personal customer information by Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd.
4. Personal Information Protection Policy of Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd.
- Establish rules for managing personal information protection and make continual improvements
Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd will make sure that executive staff and workers recognize the importance of personal information protection, and will establish rules for personal information management to appropriately use and protect personal information and ensure that the management system is put in execution. These rules will be maintained and improved continually.
- Collect, use and provide personal information and forbid the use of such information for purposes other than the original intent
While carefully considering the personal information is entrusted to us in our company activities, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd will handle such information appropriately by establishing a management system for personal information protection for each type of business, and also by following our rules for collecting, using or providing personal information. In addition, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd will not use such information for purposes other than the original intent and will implement appropriate measures for it.
- Implement safety measures and correct problems
To ensure the correctness and safety of personal information, in accordance with the rules for information security, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. will implement various measures such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for transporting personal information outside the company and preventing incorrect access from outside the company, and strive to prevent the leakage, loss or destruction of personal information. In addition, when any problems regarding safety measures are found, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. will identify the cause to take corrective measures.
- Follow laws and norms
Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd will follow the applicable laws, guidelines and other norms for the handling of personal information. Also, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd will conform our rules with personal information management to such laws, guidelines and other norms.
- Respect a person's rights regarding his or her personal information
When a person makes a request to disclose, correct or delete his or her own personal information, seeks to prevent the use or provision of such information, or gives any complaints or requires consultation, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd will respond with sincerity, respecting the person's rights related to that personal information.
5. Handling Policy of Personal Information - Collection/Usage Purpose and Provision to Third Party
- In relation to the main business activities for large-sized industrial products, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. will use personal information only to achieve the following listed purposes.
- Execute contracts between a customer and Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd.
- Contact for discussions or meetings with customers
- Provide after-sales service for products
- Send guides for conventions or meetings, or guides for new products
- Provide various types of member services
- Perform stock-related tasks
- Respond to various types of inquiries
- Perform analysis to improve products or services, based on surveys
- Provide personal information to Hitachi group companies (including our chain stores) when Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. co-operates with a Hitachi group company to carry out some business tasks.
- Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. will not provide customer personal information to a third party without first obtaining consent from the customer, except in the following circumstances:
- When required by law
- When required to protect human life, to avoid injury, or to protect assets, and when obtaining customer consent would be difficult.
- When required to improve public health or improve the healthy upbringing of children, and when obtaining customer consent would be difficult.
- When required to co-operate with the lawful activities of a national agency, local government organization, or person or organization entrusted with such a task, and obtaining customer consent would interfere, or be likely to interfere, with the carrying out of such activities.
- When entrusted with the handling of personal information, in the range of activities required to reach the purpose of the use.
- When providing personal information to continue business activities when business-related events such as mergers occur.
- When required to do so for business activities in which Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. is co-operating with Hitachi group companies, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. sometimes provides Hitachi group companies with personal information (such as names, workplaces, home addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, etc.). In such cases, the customer personal information is provided on paper or electronic media. The customer can request Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. to stop the provision of the personal information to a Hitachi group company.
A cookie is piece of information that enables interaction between the web server that manages a website and a customer's web browser. A cookie may be stored as a file on the customer's computer disk.
When a cookie is used, the web server can record information such as which computer visited which pages on the website. However, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. cannot identify an individual customer unless the customer enters his or her own personal information into the website.
- Web beacon
This technology, which functions with a cookie, enables the beacon owner to know how many times a customer accessed a particular page. However, unless the customer enters his or her own personal information when, or after, the cookie is accepted, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. cannot identify an individual customer.
7. Requesting to Reveal Personal Information or Sending Complaints
For customer personal information maintained by Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd., please carry out the following when requesting Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. to reveal, correct, add, delete, stop usage of, stop providing to a third party, or provide a purpose-of-use report for personal information (hereafter, collectively referred to as "reveal, etc."), or when sending a complaint:
- For requests to reveal, etc., personal information provided by a customer to Sales staff of Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd.:
Please contact the related Sales staff.
- For requests to reveal, etc., personal information provided by a customer in a Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. website:
Please contact the staff who manage the relevant website.
- For requests to reveal, etc., personal information other than for the above cases (1 and 2):
For details on requests to reveal, etc., see "Details Relating to Requests to Reveal, etc."
- For complaints relating to Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. 's handling of personal information:
Enter the necessary details in the "Complaints Form Concerning Handling of Personal Information" and send it to the following address.
HR Div, Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd.
Sumitomo Fudosan Akihabara First Building, 1-5-1 Sotokanda,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0021, Japan
TEL:+81-3-6271-7100 (9:00 - 17:00, except Saturday, Sunday and national holiday)
To download Complaints Form
8. Request to Customers
- Most of the services provided by Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. can be used without requiring customer personal information. However, please understand that some services cannot be provided unless the customer provides personal information to Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd.
- Please understand that Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. is not responsible for the safety of personal information at websites of other companies which are linked to the website of Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd.
- It is assumed that the customer agrees to the contents of this "Personal Information Protection" document when the customer enters personal information into a Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. website. If the customer does not agree with this "Personal Information Protection" document, the customer may be unable to use some of the Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. services (including responses to inquiries, etc.).
9. Special Notes
- The personal information protection policy of Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. is based on Japanese law.
- Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. may modify this "Personal Information Protection" document as appropriate to accommodate improvements in the handling of personal information, or changes or additions to laws or other norms.
- This "Personal Information Protection" document goes into effect from the day it is published (including the update day).
- If statements in this document are covered by individual regulations regarding personal information, those regulations take precedence.
- When a person contacts Hitachi Industrial Products, Ltd. by telephone, the conversation may be recorded to aid accurate replies.
Date: April 1, 2019